Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Life after Jo Avila's Basic Photography Workshop

I have been dabbling into lomography /photography since 2007, when I got my first lomo camera, a Holga, followed by several other film and toy cameras. It was only last Aug-Sep 2010 that I was able to get myself some formal training through Jo Avila's Basic Photography Seminar. The class was spread out into 5 Saturday classes covering the ff. topics per session:
  • Basic Theories and Principles of Photography
  • Composition Techniques
  • Basic Studio Lighting & Flash Photography
  • Basic Photoshop
  • Basic Color Management and Guerilla Shooting Techniques

Our first assignment was to take a photo of a Coke bottle as if it were not a coke bottle. And here's what I did:
 
Can you spot the Coke bottle? Overall, Sir Jo's comments were nice except for the snout of the Coke bottle which should not have pointed outwards. As well as the Egyptian figurine that's poking from the bakcground should've been removed.

Our second and last assignment was to take the portrait of our loved one/s which will be printed out during our last session. Needless to say, of course I took the portrait of the boys of my life-my hubby Bong  with our baby Joaquin.
 I honestly learned a lot from Sir Jo and was really looking forward to the application of all the skills and tips he shared with us. Oh, if only I have the luxury of time. Must try to shoot at least one photo a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment and make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...