Saturday, January 1, 2011

120 Color Eyeshadow Palette: Review and Swatches

Happy New Year Everyone! I'm so glad Joaquin woke up just in time for the New Year's countdown. Haha...His eyes went big as he heard thunderous fire crackers all around. Anyway, he fell asleep soon after, as he finished up his bottle of milk, giving me the chance to finally post my review and swatches from the 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette I got weeks ago for make-up classes.

I got this 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette online from getsophisticated for Php 1,100. I was supposed to get the 88 Color Eyeshadow Palette which was selling for Php 800. But it seemed that the additional Php 300 would be worth it for the 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette. She was selling 2 sets of the 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette and I opted for the 2nd one as it has more blues and greens which I love.


Overall, the palette truly gives the bang for your buck. Although there were several colors, mostly the matte ones, that were "misses" for me (as they were not pigmented enough), there also a lot of colors that were "hits" (pigmented), especially the frosted and shimmery ones. I guess paying about Php 9.17 per color is reason enough to get this palette, especially if you're just starting out with make-up or is into make-up school. Also, these shadows, especially the less pigmented ones tend to work better with a primer, which I think is generally true for all eyeshadows.

Anyway, below are some pics and swatches from the 120 Color Eyeshadow Palette. Note though that I had to swipe some of the colors 3-5 times to ensure they appear on the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment and make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...