Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BACK AFTER 2 WEEKS

I'm so sorry I've been such an irresponsible blogger and failed to make any posts, scheduled or otherwise, in the last 2 weeks.

So what have I been up to?

1. Enrolled at the gym. Yes, I finally decided to do something about my weight. Ever since I stopped breastfeeding my baby, Joaquin, last July, I have been continuously putting on weight. I know I really don't eat that much, but it's actually my stagnant lifestyle which has slowed down my metabolism. It doesn't also help that I rarely perspire as I'm constantly inside an airconditioned office, room or building.

Anyway, I took the plunge and enrolled at Fitness First at The Fort Strip last March 2 which is just a stone's throw away from our office. During my initial assessment, I felt so bad to find out that my BMI classification have just crossed over from being overweight to obese 1. How sad. Now it explains why it's so difficult for me to find a nice fitting pair of pants or even top, or even why I'm always catching my breath during long walks or whenever a climb a series of steps. So I said to myself, it's time to say goodbye to my big fat tummy, arms, legs and ass. Haha.

I'm trying to go there at least 3x a week, but hopefully, I'll be able to go there 5x a week starting this week (crossing my fingers). Among all my visits, I particularly enjoyed the TRX suspension training sessions as it works out my entire body all in one go. It's a good thing that my personal trainor was also a certified TRX trainor, hence I don't need to pay extra for this service.

Anyway, I'll update you every once in a while on my progress with reducing and controlling my weight...Hopefully something good will come out of it as it requires commitment and also costs quite an amount of money, really.

2. Underwent Hair Setting and Design Workshop at Wella Professionals. Everytime I would get inquiries on Make-Up services, it almost always needs to be bundled up with hair styling. But I dunno anything about it, not even a thing or two about blow drying, ironing, curling, etc. So to be able to cater to more clients, I decided to equip myself with the proper training on this. I've asked around and found Wella Professionals. It was a 2-day training where they taught us the basics on blow drying, ironing, curling, hair sectioning, and hair setting. They even taught us how do to do several hair upstyles which is very common for bridal or formal events. I'm really glad I did this and I know feel more comfortable to offer a hair and makeup package to my potential clients.

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I should be able to upload all my Project 365 photos in the succeeding days, so watch out for it!

Talk to all of you again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! Leave a comment and make my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...